ADP195 Logic Controlled, High-Side Power Switch with Reverse Current Blocking
The ADP195 is a high-side load switch designed for operation between 1.1 V to 3.6 V and protected against reverse current flow from output to input. This load switch provides power domain isolation helping extended power domain isolation. The device contains a low on-resistance, P-channel MOSFET that supports over 500 mA of continuous current and minimizes power loss. The low 1 μA of quiescent current and ultralow shutdown current make the ADP195 ideal for battery-operated portable equipment. The built-in level shifter for enable logic makes the ADP195 compatible with many processors and GPIO controllers.
In addition to operating performance, the ADP195 occupies minimal printed circuit board (PCB) space with an area of less than 1.0 mm2 and a height of 0.60 mm.
It is available in an ultrasmall 1 mm × 1 mm, 4-ball, 0.5 mm pitch WLCSP. A 6-lead 2 mm × 2 mm × 0.55 mm, 0.65 mm pitch LFCSP is also available.
- Mobile phones
- Digital cameras and audio devices
- GPS devices
- Personal media players
- Portable and battery-powered equipment
Features and Benefits
- Ultralow on resistance (RDSON)
- 50 mΩ @ 3.6 V
- 55 mΩ @ 2.5 V
- 65 mΩ @ 1.8 V
- 100 mΩ @ 1.2 V
- Input voltage range: 1.1 V to 3.6 V
- 1.1 A maximum continuous operating current
- Low enable control logic threshold can be operated from 1.2 V to 3.3 V
- Low 1 μA (typical) ground current @ 1.8 V
- See data sheet for additional features